Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Flea Market treasures

I went to the Rose Bowl flea market this past Sunday with one of my bridesmaid. Originally planned for 7am, we ended up going around 11am (in my defense.. 7am is REALLY EARLY for a Sunday!) Since K & I had to be at a baby shower in the O.C. by 1pm, our time at the flea market was really limited. My mission was to find a vintage suitcase to use as the card/money box for the wedding. Although we got sidetracked a few times (there's just WAY too much cool stuff at the flea market) and ended up browsing a vintage jewelry booth for 20 minutes. Not good considering we had only one hour to complete my mission. Good because I got a really neat gold/orange ring with an elephant carving made from a vintage earring for $10.

We hit jackpot when we walked into the anitque section and I got this vintage dark blue canvas suitcase for $8 (thanks to my bridesmaids awesome negotiating skills).

I'm going to fix it up and apply a gold finish on the metal latches/hinges. I bought a "Rub'nBuff" antique gold wax metallic finish that seems to do the job.


Before After


For $8.. I'd say I accomplished my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment