Sunday, November 29, 2009

I said YES to dress!

I never thought wedding dress shopping was going to be this easy!

I've always wanted to check out Marylinn's bridal in Pasadena, but felt the dresses would be completely out of my price range. However, a week ago, I got an email from theknot.com about their "Black Friday, White Gown" sale from November 27-29. I was leaning towards renting my dress to save some money, but I thought, what the heck.. let me call and make an appointment. By the time I called, they were all booked for Friday and Saturday, but I managed to squeeze in a last minute appointment for Sunday.



When I got there, I had no expectations of finding a dress. There were some beautiful dresses in the front, but way out of my price range. We hit the jackpot in the back room where all the Black Friday deals were. With the help of my mom, my 3 cousins and my maid of honor, we picked out several great dresses for me to try on. My sales rep, Desiree, was really friendly and helpful in helping me get into all the dresses. I tried on 4 dresses and with no expectations at all, I said YES to MY dress! I was really lucky because all the dresses were so beautiful, but the second one I tried on stood out the most! The dress fit me (very important), it complimented my wedding theme and colors, it was in amazing conditions, and originally listed for $1,750, it was a steal for $399!! I never thought wedding dress shopping was going to be this easy! It definitely helped to have the support of my family and friends and a sales rep that was friendly and helpful. The only thing missing from my experience was having all my bridesmaids there.


No pictures of the dress here, since my fiance hasn't seen the dress (and won't until the wedding).. but here's a picture of Desiree, the wonderful sales rep at Marylinn's Bridal, and me:

No comments:

Post a Comment