Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Songs and Babies

Is it strange that every song I hear today reminds me of Maddie.. must be a new mom thing? Like the opening lyrics to Shania Twain's "You're Still the One" made me think of my breastfeeding journey with Maddie and how far we've come..

"Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong"

or take Rihanna's top hit right now "Diamonds", the lyrics are obviously talking about the moment a mom first lays eyes on her baby girl haha..

"I knew that we’d become one right away
Oh, right away
At first sight I left the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes

So shine bright, tonight you and I
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky"

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment