Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mommy Brain

Something happens to your brain when you have a baby.. They call it "mommy brain" which is essentially the rapid deterioration of brain cells used to process or retain simple information such as where you left your keys or what you ate for breakfast this morning.

We once found a car at the Disney parking lot windows down, keys in ignition with the engine running, two carseats and no one in sight. This was before marriage and baby, so we were in utter shock. How could any parent be so careless?! When we called security, they said this was a common occurrence at Disneyland and happens at least once a day. Now as a mom, I can totally understand!

With one baby, I haven't reached mommy brain to that level yet, but I've definitely had my share of "mommy brain" moments. It ranges from looking for my phone for 10-15 minutes and then realizing the phone is in my pocket to completely forgetting where I parked outside of Target even though I only went in for 15 minutes to return something.

This morning, my husband left his phone at home and after calling him and hearing it ring in the other room.. I immediately sent him a text message "You left your phone at home". This was 9am, it is now 6pm and I just realized what I did.. now if it took you a moment to process that, then maybe you are suffering from "mommy brain" as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment